SEO, search engine optimization is a marketing discipline focused on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. SEO encompasses both the technical and creative elements required to improve rankings, drive traffic, and increase awareness in search engines.Every business with a Web site should make Search Engine Optimization — trying to get your site as high up as possible on Google and Bing search-results pages — a part of their growth strategy. At its most basic, “SEO” means finding ways to increase your site’s appearance in web visitors’ search results. In this article we are going to discuss about some most effective free & easy to use SEO Tools that are widely used by Digital Marketers to check the performance of their Websites.
The order might not necessarily be the same, lets discuss some 25 widely used SEO Tools Now.
1. Google Page speed Insights – Google developed this tool to help you to check the speed and usability of your site on multiple devices.
After Website Analysis, it will give your Website a score which will classify your Website as Red , Amber or Green based on below slabs.
0-49 (Red) …Website loading speed is pretty low and you need to fix it for a better user Experience.
50-89 (Amber) …Website loading speed is Average , most of the Prominent Websites fall in this category.
90-100 (Green) … Website loading speed is Awesome and capable of offering a great user Experience.
Not just this, they categorize analysis reports into two buckets for your necessary action.
A) Opportunities–These suggestions can help your page load faster. They don’t directly affect the Performance score.
B)Diagnostics–More information about the performance of your application. These numbers don’t directly affect the Performance score.
2. XML Site Maps– Build a Site Map for your Website and submit to Google, Bing or any search engine for that matter. If you own a small Website its not really recommended to use, however if your Website has more Pages (ie 500 or so) its highly recommended to use this tool. This serves as a tour guide and helps search engine Crawlers to crawl all pages of your website by guiding it in a sequential way using the submitted route Map. Imagine you lost in a huge forest and want to get out of it alive , you would definitely look for a guide who can guide you to your desired destination with ease.
Below Image shows how you can download your sitemap and upload it to your Website and Google search console. It also help you to identify in case of any broken links on your Website so as to fix it.
3. Moz Local ListingScore– Try the best free SEO tools for link building and analysis, keyword research, webpage performance, local listing audits, and more using Moz. Not just this, it also displays your Website’s Domain Authority, Number of Linking Root Domains, Number of Ranking Keywords and Spam Score(%).
4. Keywordtool.io-Offers you 500+ Keyword ideas you can use in your Blog to Optimize it based on single keyword. Keyword Tool is the best alternative to Google Keyword Planner and other keyword research tools as it shows different keywords , products and hashtags that are searched for on various search engines in different countries across the globe.Keyword Tool gets keywords from different search engines – Google, YouTube, Amazon, Instagram, eBay, Play Store, Twitter to name a few. Most keywords, hashtags, and products shown in Keyword Tool come from the autocomplete data of the search engines. If you would like to see all the available keywords suggestions for your query, you are welcome to subscribe to Keyword Tool Pro.
Here are a few reasons why?:
- Free version of Keyword Tool generates up to 750+ long-tail keyword suggestions for every search term using Google Autocomplete.
- Unlike Keyword Planner or other tools, Keyword Tool is extremely reliable as it works 99.99% of the time
- You can use Keyword Tool absolutely for free, even without creating an account.
5. Google Analytics– Gives you complete Web statistics and Search Insights to identify who are visiting your Website, where are they coming from and what are they doing on your Website in order to optimize your Website for better results and user experience. Detailed Reports of your Website are categorized based on Real Time basis, Audience(Who are your visitors), Acquisitions(How did you acquire your Audience), Behavior( Once they visit your Site what do they do or more likely to browse),& last but most importantly Conversions.(Are your Goals / Objectives met ?)
6.Google Webmaster Tools/ Google Search Console– Gives you constant Website Analytics, Alerts and Error Reports. It communicates with Webmaster constantly about any issues that need to be fixed.
Example- I recently migrated my Website data from “Go daddy” to “Hostinger”, when the data was migrated. Search Console immediately started showing a Status as “Couldn’t fetch” my website then I had to download a New SiteMap and upload it in the “public_html” section of root domain of “personalitydevelopmentinterviewtips.in” located in the “Domains” folder and add it to Search Console so that the new Sitemap could be “successfully fetched” by crawler when it crawls my Website the next time.
7. Meet Link Explorer– .Meet Link Explorer is an optimization tool which is actually a search engine for links. It is a tool developed by Moz.com that helps you track the links leading to your website. It is one of the essential tools to be used as a part of off-site search engine optimization.
It offers you a comprehensive Link Analysis for your Website including Page Authority and Domain Authority.
Create an Account for free with Moz Link Explorer and access 10 link queries and 50 rows of data per query every month.
Benefits of using Meet Link Explorer –
- See the Links to Any Site–
Understand why your page or your website is ranking where it is in search results by reviewing and monitoring inbound links.
- Research Competitors Backlinks–
Compare the makeup of your competitors’ link profiles and see where they’re earning their links and how.
- Find Broken Links to your Site–
Maintain link equity and traffic from the quality backlinks you’ve earned by easily finding and fixing broken links to your site
- Analyse the Spam score of Backlinks-
Decrease the number of spammy links pointing to your site and increase quality links.
- Discover Link Building Opportunities–
Find out who’s linking to your competitors (but not to you) with Link Intersect.
- Research top-performing content–
See which content and top pages outperform the others – plus, research your competitors.
- Discover New and Lost Links–
Monitor when your content is gaining or losing links. Discover the most recent links by date.
- Analyze anchor text–
See how sites are linking to you with the full anchor text data for every link, URL, and domain.
- Domain Authority checker–
Check success metrics including Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA), Spam Score, and complete link counts to any site.
8. Google.com-It is an incognito window where you can discover auto fill suggestions/ opportunities.
9. Google Keyword Planner– Helps you know what keywords your prospective customers search for on the internet so that you don’t miss out on using them in your blog to attract them.
It’s a keyword research tool that will help you find the keywords that are most relevant for your business. It gives you insights into how often certain words are searched over the internet. This can help you narrow down the keywords list down to the ones you really want.
10. Uber Suggest Tool– Ubersuggest helps you generate keyword ideas for your content marketing strategy and production. Ubersuggest is a free SEO tool that specializes in generating new keyword ideas. Originally founded as a tool that scraped Google Suggest terms, Ubersuggest was recently acquired by entrepreneur Neil Patel, who has since expanded the feature set significantly.
You may refer the example below to understand how my Website is Analysed as shown below.
Not just that it also lets you know what are the top performing keywords used by Visitors to reach your Website with their keyword search. You need to optimize content on your blog in order to increase traffic to your blog using these keyword suggestions. He also offers estimated increase in visitors by optimizing the suggested Keywords on your Blog.
11. Google Trends– Google Trends is a website by Google that analyzes the popularity of top search queries in Google Search across various regions and languages. The website uses graphs to compare the search volume of different queries over time .
Displays Changes in search Volumes for Key terms over a specified time period.
12. Quick Sprout Website Analyser– Quick Sprout was originally started in early 2008 by Neil Patel, the world’s leading online marketer. Over the years, Neil built Quick Sprout into one of the top sites for online marketing. … We’re here to help you grow your traffic, business, and marketing career.
Offers you a complete Analysis of your Website . You’ll see a ranking from 1 to 4, where 1 is the best-performing site and 4 is the worst-performing site in your space. The main elements that go into the total score are traffic, how well each site is optimized for search, the amount of social traffic the site receives and how fast the site loads. . Click here to know more.
13. JSON – LD Schema Generator for SEO– It helps you customize the way your search results appear. Create custom code using JSON – LD Schema Generator for SEO so that your reviews, events, organizations, and people are displayed the way you want on search pages. Once you’ve created your schema code, copy and paste to your website <head> section. Click here to know more.
14. Similar Web– Similar Web helps you to view Site Statistics for any Domain within the selected Period. It helps you to take your Market Intelligence to the Next Level by providing insights on below: 1) Benchmark against your competitors and Industry. 2)Reveal your competition’s analytics & online strategy. 3)Discover new opportunities, partners, Leads or Affiliates. 4) Identify Emerging trends and New Players. 5)Understand Customer Intent and Journey.
15. SEO Site Check up–SEO Site Check up audits and generates a score for your Website. Analyze and monitor your SEO with powerful Tool Box feature it offers.
16. SERP’s Checker– See where your Site Ranks for certain terms. It is a fast, free SERP Checker allows you to get an accurate location, along with specific SERP results and rankings on any keywords for anyone anywhere.
17. Search metrics Website Analyzer- Performance dashboard for search and Social Rankings.
The Research Cloud offers you spectacular analysis based on the industry´s largest on-demand database for Search and Content Performance. It´s an integral part of the leading Enterprise Search and Content performance platform: Search metrics Suite. Our solutions from Search metrics Essentials to Search metrics Suite are tailored for marketers who want to get the best analysis in our industry to get things done. Click here to know more.
18. Online Broken Link Checker– This tool helps you to discover broken links on your site.
Scans web pages for dead hyperlinks . Can analyse unlimited number of pages. Useful for SEO optimization. Checks both internal (local) and external (outbound) URLs** and finds which are stale. Reports bad links location in your HTML code. Validates websites online: the same way as how your users and Search Engines see those. Works on-line so can be used on Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, iOS, Android and any other OS. Shows 404 errors and other unsuccessful HTTP response codes – for each dead or problematic hyperlink. Click here to Know more.
19. Ahrefs Site Explorer and Backlink Checker-Complete overview of your Website, Pages, and Links. Ahrefs is an All-in-one SEO toolset, with free Learning materials and a passionate Community & support . All-in-one SEO toolset helps you to do the following tasks: 1) Optimise your Website – “Site Audit”. 2)Analyse your competitors – “Site Explorer” 3)Study what your customers are searching for – “Keywords Explorer” 4)Learn from your Industry’s top performing Content – “Content Explorer” 5)Track your Ranking Progress – “Rank Tracker” Click here for more information.
20. Copyscape – Check for Duplicate Content using Copyscape.
Articles that you purchase may have been copied or stolen from other sites. Publishing them on your site can damage your reputation and ruin your search engine rankings. Protect yourself by verifying all new content with Copyscape Premium, the web’s leading solution for originality checking. Check who’s stealing your content and the kind of Protection you can trust.
21. Plagiarism Checker– Plagiarism Checker X 2020 helps you detect plagiarism in your research papers, blogs, assignments, and websites. With higher speed and accuracy, you can easily check your document’s similarity in just a few seconds.
22. robots.txt Generator– robots.txt is a file that can be placed in the root folder of your website to help search engines index your Web site appropriately. Search engines such as Google/ Bing use website crawlers, or robots that crawls all the content on your website. There may be parts of your website that you do not want them to crawl to include in user search results, i.e. admin page. You can add these pages to the file to be explicitly ignored. Robots.txt files use something called the Robots Exclusion Protocol. This website will easily generate the file for you with inputs of pages to be excluded.
23. Yoast SEO- Yoast SEO is the #1 WordPress SEO Plugin. It helps to Optimize your WordPress Site.
Please find below the Analysis done by Yoast SEO Plugin for this blog post you are reading right now for practical understanding of the same.
24. Woorank- Woorank will help you to check your Website Performance and suggest areas of Improvements and fix the errors to ensure your Websites rank improves accordingly. It offers you tools that you may use to optimize your Website and marketing efforts.
25. Siteliner– Free and fast analysis of your entire website – duplicate content, broken links, internal page rank, re-directions and more. Also creates an XML sitemap. Siteliner is a website analysis tool by Indigo Stream Technologies, the people behind Copyscape.
Siteliner also allows you to compare your Website with other Sites as shown below.
Hope you enjoyed this Blog and consider it to be useful to optimize your Blog. Happy Learning!!!